Please send the following information before 23 October 2017, 12.00 CEST:
• Detailed CV (include information on your BSc and current MSc studies, languages, achievements, expertise)
• Motivation letter, addressed to the STAR PLUS selection committee, explaining your motivation why you apply with us. Indicate and motivate which research group(s) within AIMMS has your interest/preference.
• Research proposal (!): Your two-page proposal on Antimicrobial Research and Resistance, preferably written with the help of an AIMMS researcher (Template, to submit in one pdf with all other documents)
• Provide contact details of preferably 2 references (names, affiliations, email addresses)
• Copies of your key educational certificates
• Transcript of Records (i.e. documents enlisting your performance as BSc student over time by listing the course units or modules taken, credits gained and the grades awarded). Include all grades obtained so far for your MSc degree.
• Optional: Reference letter from one of your tutors
• If applicable: provide a language certificate
The applications will be assessed by the AIMMS Management Team (MT). Candidates are in particular evaluated on creativity, originality, intellectual capacity and quality of CV and motivation letter. The selection committee also takes into account interdisciplinarity and international and gender balance.
Potential (Skype) interviews will be arranged with a panel drawn from the AIMMS MT (End of October).
The AIMMS MT will rank the candidates based on the candidate’s CV, motivation letter, research proposal, and Interview, all with respect to the selection criteria.
• Overall fit with the research objectives of the STAR-PLUS consortium (i.e. antimicrobial research and resistance)
• Scientific quality
• Innovativeness and novelty
• Span of the research across different scientific disciplines
• Translational aspects of the research, in line with AIMMS’ research objectives
• Candidate’s performance and vision during the interview
4. PhD position award
The AIMMS MT will decide which candidate will be awarded a PhD position (Early November ’17). Ultimate starting date: 1 January 2018
For more information on STAR PLUS and the second Call for Applications, please contact Jurgen Haanstra via email@example.com
AIMMS is the Amsterdam Institute for Molecules, Medicines and Systems (www.aimms.vu.nl) which joins Molecular, Life, Computational Life, and Pharmaceutical Sciences at VU Amsterdam. AIMMS combines the best of these areas and is aiming at fundamental break-throughs in translational molecular medicine, drawing on the integrated study of chemical and biological processes that may lead to new drugs, biomarkers, diagnostics and patient treatments.
Co-funded by the Horizon 2020 Framework Programme of the European Union (MSCA-COFUND-2015; project # 713669)