An aging-population, threat of antibiotic-resistant bacteria, high-burden diseases: how can we deal with these problems? There is an unmet need for medical solutions. In AIMMS we have the ideal combinations of excellent researchers, expertise and technology platforms to work on innovative development of new small molecule drugs, other therapeutics and diagnostic strategies.
How to reach fundamental breakthroughs in translational medicine? One starting point is looking at the molecules, better understanding of how they act and behave in a biological surrounding. Development of new diagnostic tools, discovery of small drug molecules, optimization of therapeutics, it all starts with the description in detail of molecule – (bio)molecule interactions and prediction of their behaviour.
No explanation is needed to see that the society is waiting for new drugs, better drugs, drugs with less side effects, innovative therapeutics. In AIMMS we work on this discovery, development and safety. Better understanding of mechanisms of diseases combined with different approaches will bring us a huge step forward.
How to solve traffic jams in the biology? Verify the botlle necks using a system approach to describe complex networking bio-molecules. Select bio-markers out of large databases and couple this to experimental data. That will be tomorrow's way of working on solutions for the health and disease problems of today. In AIMMS we have started already.
- Your vote is appreciated: Saskia Nijmeijer for New Scientist Science talent 2016
- Fast and reliable computer simulations for big molecules
- Grant for research on food fermentation
- The “XXVII European Colloquium on Heterocyclic Chemistry (ECHC 2016)” report
- PhD Seminar series for companies in life sciences; help wanted
- New organisation for Journal Pub
- Nauta Chair 2016: Professor Dr. Dr. h.c. Herbert Waldmann
- The “XXVII European Colloquium on Heterocyclic Chemistry (ECHC 2016)”