Deadline for submission: 23 October 2017, 12.00 CEST
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented candidate who is interested in an ambitious multidisciplinary PhD research project on antimicrobial research and resistance. The purpose of AIMMS STAR PLUS is to educate and train Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) to become the next generation of interdisciplinary antimicrobial research scientists, skilled in the research methodologies and approaches of diverse areas such as molecular modelling, proteomics, cell signalling and drug discovery & development.
AIMMS STAR PLUS offers:
• A fully funded PhD position for 1 Early Stage Researcher (ESRs) - Appointment for 4 years
• High profile research project within AIMMS
• Excellent facilities for research and education
• Research training in both academic and industrial settings
• Training in state-of-the-art scientific and transferable skills
• Interactions with international collaborators & secondments in other laboratories
• An extensive network of national and international leading scientists
AIMMS STAR PLUS IS LOOKING FOR A CANDIDATE WHO:
• Is highly motivated and top-talented
• Is able to work in a multidisciplinary team
• Is keen on intra-European mobility to perform PhD research, specifically in Amsterdam
• Has good writing and communication skills
• Is keen on finding solutions to problems related to antimicrobial resistance
Selection criteria of the candidate:
• Fulfils the eligibility criteria for Marie Curie Actions - e.g. ESR, international mobility (See below)
• Holds a relevant MSc degree, or expects to obtain this degree before 1 January, 2018
• Strong research oriented ambition and profile
• High grades during his/her studies
• Fluent in English
For the balance of the funded Cofund STAR PLUS research projects, preference is given to a research topic that focuses on Pharmaceutical, or Molecular Sciences.
Eligibility criteria of Marie Curie Actions apply. Only applicants who comply to the following conditions will be considered:
• Conditions of experience (ESR)
The STAR-PLUS programme aims at Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) who at the time of recruitment are in the first four years of their research careers and do not have a doctoral/PhD degree.
• Conditions of international mobility
Candidates should not have lived or studied for more than 12 months in The Netherlands, three years prior to starting their AIMMS STAR PLUS PhD position (i.e. from January 2015 – January 2018). Candidates at/in Dutch Master’s programmes will therefore be excluded from applying to the STAR-PLUS programme.
Please contact us if you have questions about your eligibility.